Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cryptcoin - anon only when online?

There was some fud spread about Cryptcoin on their Reddit page. The author was claiming that the anonymity of Cryptcoin is less than that of Bitcoin. I can't say much about that and it does not sound so credible. But he also made the point that if an anonymous transaction is to happen with Cryptcoin both the sending and the receiving wallet need to be online. Based on what the dev team has published so far this seems highly plausible. For me it makes no sense. If both parties have to be online when you want to make an anon transaction it spoils the party for me. Due to this reason I can't see the potential anymore that I was picturing in Cryptcoin before. Maybe the upcoming announcement will prove the contrary, but I am not waiting, until then I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment